Tuesday, October 12, 2010

May You Keel Over

















"The first yama - ahimsa, or non-harming, which asks us to embrace nonviolence at the level of speech, thought and action - is a profound and radical concept that is truly the cornerstone of yoga as a way of life."
~ Meditations from the Mat 


Today was a complete bust for my ahimsa program. In an instant, I was overcome by a flurry of non-yogic thoughts when Claire and I came upon this mess at her bus stop. The chanting in my head got louder when I donned plastic gloves and began picking it up... 



May you keel over from the 27 burgers, onion rings, and fries that you ingested some time yesterday. 


May your cholesterol zoom to over 300, along with your waist band, so you can't even see your fat toes. Then keel over. 


May you get caught in the act of littering, get fined a large sum of money, and have to clean up your mess, and a whole bunch of other messes left on our roads & riverbanks, while wearing a sign that says;


Litterbugs are stupid. That would be me.


I don't get the litter thing. I don't get it, I don't get it, I don't get it...


I really do not get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment