Thursday, January 14, 2021

DON'T PANIC

                             


Wednesday, was the day I planned to write here. Wednesday is my designated day to post since this new year started. Once a week. Be consistent. Even if it's a little something to share with the lovelies. Write something. If you're not sure - today is Thursday.

But yesterday slipped by watching the SECOND IMPEACHMENT hearings of the current inciter/insurrectionist in the Oval Office, taking a walk, rearranging my potted plants like a Queen's Gambit chess board, making rice and beans for dinner. I never made it here.


Last Wednesday, five people died, a police officer's head bashed in by a fire extinguisher, windows smashed, the rioters were looking to hang someone. Mike Pence? Nancy Pelosi? 

Maybe a trial and execution on the Senate floor by Q-Anoners? some have been voted into Congress

The rioters stormed (and meandered) through the Capitol Building as if on a self-tour. Trashing things, peeing on carpets, taking selfies, some with Capitol Hill police! It's now appearing that people working inside the halls of Congress, maybe Republican Senators/Congresspeople might have aided in this domestic terrorist attack. AOC was in hiding with Republicans during the attack. She was terrified they might "give up her location." 

Not a take-your-daughter to work kind of day in the good, old USA.

After all the violence

147 Republicans STILL challenged the counting of the electoral votes. 

After all the violenceStill, Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley pushed The Big Lie. They should be expelled from the Senate. Even after a SECOND IMPEACHMENT for inciting violent insurrection, Trump still sits in the Oval Office, blowing kisses to his violent marauding militia, with his finger on the nuclear codes? 

But hey, 

Our free and fair election was finally certified in the small hours of the morning.

All kinds of investigations are underway. People have been arrested. Black and brown people spend years in jail for a couple of joints in their glove box, for taking a right-on-red in the wrong place. Sometimes they get shot. And killed. Everyone knows if this had been people of color in a peaceful protest, buckets of blood would have been shed. 

So,What about these treasonous fuckers, their ugly, bulging, sometimes smiling faces burned into our psyches? What about the people who left the riot, flew home, refusing to mask up, chanting on the planes? These people must be jailed for a very long time. Feed them gruel for all I care. Unlike the born-again Republicans who want to put this behind them, feel it's best for us to move on and heal the country, I want to see the head of the beast and the rest of it, chopped into a gazillion tiny pieces. My cup of anger is refilling daily, like the Professor's bottle of port in the Cary Grant/Loretta Young classic, The Bishop's Wife.



This is going to reverberate for a very long time. The desecration and violence on video for all of us to watch, threats of more to come as we prepare for the inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris there's still Covid, thousands of people dying a day. 

But hey, 


There are thousands of National Guard troops sleeping on the marble floors of the Capitol. An ordinary day. All is well in America. None of this surprises me. It does, however, sicken me. I've had a painful sciatica that seems to have come out of nowhere, you think? That morning anxiety/panic in my chest upon waking, which plagued me for years, is back. 

The behavior of Trump and all these other crazy, delusional people is that of an abuser. 

Let me scare you, dominate you, gaslight you until you shiver like a mouse.Watch me smash windows, carry Confederate flags 

Do you quiver when the assholes in their trucks with all the flags flying drive by? 

The abuser loves that the best. None of this is normal. 

No. But I do feel vomit in my mouth.

Like the eloquent guest on the news said, "These people are Vanilla Isis." ☑️

_________________________________________________________________

Things blew up. WE have blown up. I'm feeling the anger that my black and brown brothers and sisters have always felt. It's not new to me. The painful, racist, crushing, big lie world has always pained me, especially as a little girl. Sometimes, anger is healing. Sometimes, fighting back is the only way forward. I don't know what to do. Be extra kind to my cashier friends @ the market dealing with the crazies who bitch and argue about everything (including masks), speak my truth, speak up when this kind of evil has become normalized. What a four years, five years, 400 hundred years.

Speak up. 

Speak up. 

Speak up. 

Be kind. 

Be kind. 

Be kind.

How to end this Thursday check-in? Like last week, I was all about updating you on The Vivies. Maybe sharing something on planting bulbs and writing. You know, self-care and sending peace, and being the peace you send. I'm still for these things. I still need to plant my bulbs, and plan for my upcoming classes and send more New Year's cards. Regular stuff. 

But wow.

I'll end with this message found among my email this morning:

Noticing that everything is interconnected,

that love and light exist amid the 

darkness, and that not all is lost can

nourish us on our paths.

- Rose Zonetti

love and peace from The Vivies 

+ me. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment