Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Where Are You?

























The church sign read:


Jesus is in heaven.
Where are you?


First thought: New Jersey


driving home with Claire after a weekend away visiting dear friend, Pearly, who lives near the ocean


my bliss zone.


Where are you? 


came up this morning, walking Chewy, the big-eared dog down Truman Street, rain spritzing my face and


everything around me


green
green 
green


I'm walking the dog.


But within a few steps I was back into an event from three weeks ago, then I shot ahead into my office going through emails and  planning Thursday's event with the students, then veering back to last night on the phone with Dad hearing his confusion over his cell phone and how it has crashed, then at the bus stop with Claire a half-hour before walking the dog, drops hitting the hood of the car, waiting for the lights of the bus to flash through the trees


this thought roller coaster lasted 30 seconds/


Chewy stopped to bury his nose in some greenery 
and I came back 
to the road underneath my feet, 
the dripping trees, 
Truman Street, 
birds, 
wet air,
the dog at the other end of the leash.


It's a great question, where are you?


Try it today when you find your mind wandering to past or future events, come back to the ground under your feet, the air around you, the beating of your heart, the breath


where am i right now?


let me know what you discover ~


namaste 



No comments:

Post a Comment