Monday, September 9, 2013

Get Naked And Sit In A Bucket Of Water




















A fish cannot drown in water.
A bird does not fall in air.
Each creature God made
must live in their own true nature.
-Mechthild of Magdeburg

If you've been reading along with This Being Alive you may have sensed my doggy paddling in shallow water, like a fish out of water, and then bitch-slapping myself for feeling that way. 
Nice, right? 
So along with naps and aimless wandering around my house (while sending out resumes and cover letters), I've been exploring, yet again, the geography of one's own true nature, my own true nature. 
And since today is the start of my new year...
happy birthday to me
I've been wading around in my true nature, in between anxiety attacks, teaching yummy yoga classes, pulling weeds, + sleeping with books - all of which are my true nature. Exacto mundo! 

I've been searching for years for one true answer, wanting that 100% on the life test, writing, reading, self-studying, sending myself off to Buddhist retreats when all I really need to do to be my buddha self is to 

get naked and sit in a bucket of water
which is why stumbling upon the photo of me in the old zinc tub was a great HA HA moment. Looking into that kid's face, her little shoulders so relaxed, it hit me -
hell there I am! 
So, enough slapping and drowning, enough postponing joy with worry, enough feeling anxious because I think I need to be something more than the kid in the zinc tub. She is me. Or I'm her? 

It's a new year and I'm claiming myself back. 

May you claim you too. 

step by baby step or one big LEAP

Henceforth I ask not good fortune -- I myself am good fortune. Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing. Strong and content, I travel the open road.
-Walt Whitman


















xo thanks to all of you for traveling with me. 

b



1 comment:

  1. I know the makings of the best persons...I love Walt. And you. Happy Birthday. xo from vt

    ReplyDelete