Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Just A Reminder






























Sometimes I'm so stuck inside my crowded brain, 

story ideas
photographs
the memory of my mother's voice 
a barking dog
shopping lists,  cat food  humus lemons                                                                                                                        
worries

I lose my way.

It's a gift to be reminded of how you move through the world, especially if the vision you hold for yourself is sometimes skewed, it's a gift to remember how deeply connected we all are, even if we only meet briefly: a yoga class, standing in line at the market, a smile across a crowded traffic jam.

I needed a reminder. 

On this May Day I offer you a reminder, via a letter from S, which I'm now sending out as a letter to you. capiche? Especially the last part, her message to me...is for you too. I'm so grateful S took the time to write me. 

She wasn't sure I even remembered her! I do. 

But even if I didn't, She wrote anyway.

note to self: reach out

Betsy,
You probably don't remember me, I've been coming to Deerfield for 3 years now, and I've always been grateful for your yoga classes. The first year I took a yoga class from you I was struggling with some marital and parental "stuff" and really questioning everything about my role as a person, mother, and wife. That year my little message card from you read "COURAGE". How appropriate it was! The next year I received "I am filled with light" and "follow your path". This year it was "awareness" and "practice contentment". I carry these cards with me because I believe they were meant for me and sometimes I re-read them. They give me clarification and comfort. I am blessed to have met you, practice yoga with you and accept your encouraging messages! You have such a sweet soul and uplifting peaceful spirit.

So today, my message to you is.....
Have courage,
be filled with light,
follow your path,
practice awareness
and contentment.
You are loved.

- S 













We need reminding that we are 

filled with light 

yup, you are.


















...and that we're all in this together. 

namaste,
xo b

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful letter... thank you for sharing it... yes... we're all in this together... and thank you also for reminding us that we are, indeed, filled with light... hard to feel it sometimes, but I know that it is true... And, I too, treasure the cards that I've gotten from your soul-saving yoga classes!

    ReplyDelete