Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pure Pause





























June 5. 2013

note to myself: 

I have been curling in on myself, like a snail splattered with salt, over fears of a recently discovered scary health issue facing a loved one  + the closing out of my current work at the local university which I've loved for almost two years 

[God bless grant-funded projects, they come they go]...

but the work thing, 
which always seems to be such a big deal to me, 
where can I do my work, where do I fit
blah blah blah has faded to the periphery.
One door closes, another opens. it's true.

Health trumps money.

I could fill in the details, not today.

I want to write about the other.

The other being

roses splitting open
Elizabeth daughter of my daughter 
running through the sprinkler
painting the small wood bed frame, heron white
small black bear ambling into our neighbor's yard 


The other being

the humming bird, 
spotted on my morning walk
above me on the telephone wire
I happened to look up 

+ saw

the tiny bird with fluttering heart 

in a moment of pure pause 
slowing down to take a breath 

and view the world from up there.




No comments:

Post a Comment