Friday, January 7, 2011

Smart Kid



















It's our first school snow day of the year. But that doesn't mean you get to lounge around in bed, oh no, Chewy needs to go out, no matter the weather. I'm pretty sure if he had his way, we'd live outside. 


I woke early this morning, lit some candles, made my tea, and thought of my teacher friends (and all the kids too!).


I imagined everyone sinking into this delicious day off with a collective sigh. 


There's no question; snow days are good for the soul.


Claire said, "It's a good thing, Mom. You know, in the middle of the week, or like today, just to stop, to take a break."


Smart kid.

1 comment:

  1. Snow days probably make the list of all the things that make life awesome. Check out this Ted Talk,he's witty and brings a smart perspective.
    http://www.ted.com/talks/neil_pasricha_the_3_a_s_of_awesome.html

    ReplyDelete