Monday, February 27, 2012

A Certain Way




















We, read I, tend to think that things need to be 


a certain way 


before we (I) can 


do my work
feel good about my life 
love
write
practice yoga


One must have a writing studio overlooking the ocean, a clean desk with a simple vase of daisies before one, read I, can write the book...


In order for the marriage to flourish,
we, (i) need a husband who will tend to 
all the messy details of our life see finances taxes
maintain an athlete's body
grow a full head of hair
no snoring
etc


Yoga, to be truly beneficial
is best practiced in 
a sun-splashed studio
wide wood plank floors
a green plant in the corner
candles incense possibly chanting 
and yes, fancy pants









STOP!!!


this is all wrong. Not true. at least not all of it...


Case in point -


Room 318; standard college classroom. 


The tables pushed back, piled high with backpacks
paper plates with half-eaten sandwiches 

there had been a celebration!!!

students (I've never met) + me


We sit together
snow falling outside
square windows


inhale
exhale
tiny smile on face


pierced
pimply
pleasant
peaceful
people


practicing pranayama


in room 318 ~













everything I imagined it would be.


and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment