Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Decks Are Clear




















I called Dad to say hello.
"So, what happened with the eye doctor, Dad?"
"You know, Bets, the mind...well, it's a funny thing. I can't seem to pull that up at the moment."
"That's okay, Dad."


Note to self: stop asking Dad about appointments.


I spin off about the dream I had 


with my grandparents, 


"You're Mom and Dad," I said.


Ellsworth and Jean


How they've come back from the dead. 


Fully dressed in their Sunday best.

"Pop Pop was wearing a fedora and his bright white clerical collar, weeping tears of joy saying, It's a miracle, it's a miracle because grandma was back, I guess she was the one who had come back, Pop Pop and I were hugging her. The whole thing was in black and white. I threw my arms around both of them. Very dramatic."
"Well."
"I guess it was a visit," I said.
"You know, some days I'm sitting and I think to myself, yes, mother father, both gone, the decks are cleared on that point," he said.


No comments:

Post a Comment