Monday, May 27, 2019

The Best of Them
















May 27. 2019

I meet with a small group on Tuesday mornings. Last week, in leading up to Memorial Day, the conversation cast a wider net of remembering and shared stories of loved ones who have died.

Sarah said, " I cook some of my Mom's favorite foods."

Adrian said, " My Dad never made a big deal about anything, especially if something got broken, even if someone put a dent in his car. He was like, no big deal. So, I'm like my Dad that way."

I said,"My Mom was a gardener, a letter writer. I like to write people snail mail, even if it's a simple postcard. My Dad liked to hike and he always chatted it up with strangers. He would say, tell me about your life? I like doing all those things too."

Gina said, " Being the best of them in my life now is how I honor and remember."













This Memorial Day, and every day, we honor and remember the fallen who bravely served and protected our country, as well as those who continue to do so, every day. Thank you.

For those we love and miss, let's keep them close by being the best of them.

Namaste,
b 🌀




No comments:

Post a Comment