Friday, August 27, 2010

Some Day

























We met Lewis (0n the left) at the Martz bus station @ 7:30 this morning. Lewis showed up for work @ 3:40 am because the first bus comes through @ 4 am. Lewis used to drive a bus but his days were sixteen hours long. Now he gets done with work around 11:00 am. For someone who has to get up so early, Lewis is a really sweet guy. I, on the other hand, would be quite cranky.

Dad took a bus to visit my brother, Dave, and his family in Northampton, MA. He had to ride the bus into NYC, then transfer. I gave him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and an apple for his trip. I was a little worried about him getting lost in Port Authority because it's easy to get lost there. I'm happy to report that I did not pin my phone number (in case of emergencies) on Dad's coat. I did speak to Ralph Martinez, the bus driver (no photo) and whispered, Please look out for my Dad. Thanks, Ralph.

Back home, Claire and Elizabeth read in the back of the car while our resident turkeys took a walk through the yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment