Monday, August 2, 2010

Jesse


















*****************************************

Today is Jesse's birthday. Like any mom, it's a day I'll never forget. There was the pushing her out and hearing, it's a girl. Joy swept through me. And then desperation; I had to have a slice of pizza with pepperoni. Post-partum craving? Six hours later, I told the doctor I was going home and taking my girl with me. We've been together ever since.

Okay, so it's stunning to me that my kid is twenty-nine. Especially since I'm hovering around thirty-seven. These things have a way of sneaking up on you while you're living your life which might account for the dizziness I'm feeling today.

Jesse is capable, smart, funny, honest, beautiful, a terrific Mom to Elizabeth, & big sister to Claire. And one helluva life coach. I should be paying her gobs of money for all the good, direct advice she's shared with me over the past few years. But I get a discount because I raised her. Well, we grew up together. She turned out just fine, in spite of all the cracks in my armor. Isn't this what we pray for? That our children find their own path, passion, joy. Yup.

I know your kid, or dog, sends you weekly motivational quotes like mine does. This one came to my inbox, in the nick 'o time, I might add. Jesse's timing has always been impeccable. Anyway, she sent it to me. And now I'm sending it back to her, and sharing it with the rest of you fabulous people too. Read it. Then close your eyes and feel it. [even if you don't believe it.]

Make your life a masterpiece; imagine no limitations on what you can be, have or do.

It's yours for the taking, sweetie. Happy birthday!

xoxo love forever, mom




No comments:

Post a Comment