Thursday, February 3, 2011

Deep Kindness























"Occasionally I write with both hands, asking a question with my right hand, then answering it with my left. I don't do it often, but when I do, I am always surprised by my left hand's voice. The writing itself is like chicken scratch, but legible. The voice; soft, direct, kind."

[from a June 2, 2010 post]

This morning I woke in the dark. I rose, got my journal and tiptoed into the living room. I lit a candle. And started writing. At the end, I asked a question with my right hand...

I am so nervous these days. How can I let go or drop this?


My left hand fairly leapt at the pen.

Time will heal you.
Give yourself a giant break.
Just be in today.
That's it.
No work worries.
No health worries.
No regrets.
No unkindness to self.
Deep kindness.
Try it.

1 comment:

  1. And how did it go? As a proponent of baby steps, I'm very impressed at how well you listen to yourself, to your heart, to your spirit and to the signals running between those centers and your mind.
    And as usual, you made me think of another written work. Long ago, one morning I was reading the advice column 'Dear Ann Landers..' and on the 1st day of the new year she printed this poem from Al-Anon/Alateen
    Here are my fav.excerpts:
    "Just for today, I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life problem at once... Just for today, I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me."
    http://00357e3.netsolhost.com/Just4Today.html

    (i printed it and put it on my mirror so everyday i face myself, i read this and try to live it)

    ReplyDelete