Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In the End







































Driving home from visiting Dad the other day, Claire and I got to talking about what it means to have lived a good life. Actually, I was saying how I felt like there were many things I still wanted to do and was feeling worried about getting to all of them. There must've been something underneath my words, some longing to be recognized, to make a greater impact, 


to be thought of as important? 


because then Claire said...


"Well, Mom," she said, "it's not so much about being important. Some really important people aren't very nice at all. I think it's way better to be remembered for being a kind person who helped people. I don't know, in the end that just seems like how I'd want to be remembered."


out of the mouths of babes...



No comments:

Post a Comment