Sunday, December 8, 2013

Ping!





























December 8. 2013


I have people in my life who still write cards and letters via snail mail. This is one of the most beautiful ways to connect with someone. 

My husband and I fell in love through letters.

Taking the time to sit and compose thoughts onto paper, rather than an I-phone, this matters. Putting a beautiful stamp and sending it off from the mailbox with the red flag up is as lovely for the sender as the recipient.

My brother, Rob, sends postcards. They're short and to the point. They come into my hand and land on my heart. 

Ping!

Bean,

Cast All Your Votes for Dancing. I know the call of depression still calls to you. I know those habits that can ruin your life still send their invitations. But you are with the Friend now and look so much stronger. You can stay that way and even bloom! Keep squeezing the drops of the Sun from your prayers and your work and music and from your companions beautiful laughter.


Fret not about getting your Christmas cards out. Get a blank postcard or piece of paper and write to someone you love. 

Draw a picture if you can't find the words...

Send a Ping



















* poem by Hafiz


1 comment:

  1. Some good writing genes in that family! Sending love down from the north country to all of you. xo

    ReplyDelete