Wednesday, December 11, 2013

She's A Fighter























December 10. 2013

Leaving Jesse sleeping in a hospital bed, post-surgery, was really hard. That is an understatement if I ever wrote one. Walking into the dark cold parking lot after a day of waiting and wondering broke me. Claire held me in the car. 

(God! I have great kids.) 

It had been a very long day for everyone. 


Jesse made it through like a champion.

Claire and I were wrung out.

Too much to wrap my mind around, Claire said.

Yup.

This morning I get an email from Jesse with a link to her Pinterest account; a site that has uplifting and inspiring quotes + lots of fun crafty ideas like making celery look appealing. Jess pins me with quotes to nudge me or slap me to wakefulness and the joy of life. 

The other day was:

YOU ARE PRETTY FUCKING AWESOME
KEEP THAT SHIT UP

This morning I woke at five, 

Oh God, how's Jesse? I need to call the hospital.



At 5:23 she sent me a quote for today:

THE BEST IS YET TO COME












Jesse is a fighter, a lover of life.

As you are, dear This Being Alive lovelies.

Writing in the dark, knowing you are out there waking to a new day, drinking your coffee, walking the dog, or snuggling up to someone you love, or even having a good cry, is a comfort. 

We are pretty fucking awesome. 
Let's keep this shit up.

xo b

2 comments:

  1. Love, prayers and all things positive to you & your family, Betsy! Much love, Trudi xoxoxoxoxo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So grateful to hear from you...love right back! xo b

    ReplyDelete