Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Jingle Bells


All day I've had Christmas songs in my head. Jingle Bells at six in the morning is not good. And just before, while sweeping the driveway at 8:45 at night, O Come All Ye Faithful was looping around. I think it's some kind of disorder, this song thing. I've had it for years. I even Googled songs that play in your head once. There were lots of comments from people, most of them trying to drum the songs out of their heads with Cymbalta or some other drug, like Lyrica?

Don't you think it's odd that these drugs have musical names? And even though they may cause liver bleeding, body rashes, dizzy spells, death, they might cure the songs?

The songs are one of the reasons why I read so much. When I'm reading, the songs go away. There's no room for Barry Manilow's At the Copa Cabana, when I've got my nose in a great read. It doesn't matter what it is: my horoscope, the electric bill, a great novel. Somehow words short circuit any excess matter twisting and shouting in my head.

We Three Kings of Orient Are...


No comments:

Post a Comment