Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Off The Ledge

Yesterday, I discovered Cartridge World, a small business sandwiched between Moe's Burrito Place and maybe a nail salon? I should pay attention more, I know. But Michael was with me and we were holding hands and I was looking at him as we strolled and talked.

What can I say, I'm very good at multi-tasking.

Anyway, things work this way. Someone mentions something to you and then a short time later, that same thing pops up again in your conversations or as you're walking down the street. Teri had told me about getting my ink cartridges refilled at some place and then a couple of days later Michael said, "Let's go to Cartridge World."

I know, very woo-woo.

There was a poster at Cartridge World titled, Did You Know?
Here are some startling facts:

Each cartridge can take up to 1000 years to decompose.
Every re-manufactured laser cartridge saves nearly 2.5 pounds of metal and plastic waste from being deposited in landfills.
About 60 printer cartridges are used each second around the world.

So, I'm not married to Cartridge World. Any place that can re-fill your cartridges will do. If you're already doing this, consider yourself hugged, as Nan would say. If not, add re-filling cartridges to your save the environment tool kit.

Between oil sliming our beautiful oceans and all the Burger King bags ignorantly tossed from cars, we better start doing everything we can to get ourselves off the ledge, and back on solid ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment