Thursday, March 1, 2012

Everything Is Fodder

"The world doesn't fully make sense until the writer has secured her vision of it on the page. And the act of writing is strangely more lifelike than life. Even when a writer doesn't have a pen in hand or a keyboard beneath her fingers, the sentences are forming, the observations being gathered, refined, retained, rejected. The argument with the spouse, daughter, or checkout girl is being calculated and reduced later for a scene. Everything is fodder."


- from The Forest for the Trees by Betsy Lerner

Everything is fodder 


fodder = new favorite word.

which is why it's such a joy to show up here, even when, or especially when, I feel utterly confused or despairing over the state of my life or the world, or just plain afraid. 


I don't feel good when I don't write so 


I'm sticking around... 


I hope you will too. And drag a friend with you.


Here's to a new year


new tales
observations
quotes
stories
rantS
eavesdropping
new tribal members
and the occasional heavy sigh?


Shouting out to all you lovelies. 
May Mom's blue bird of happiness do a fly by over your head...


I love that little blue bird
I saw a small cluster of blue birds
this morning walking Chewy, the big-eared dog. 
No kidding.














It's been 2 years since I logged on, 


i can commit i can commit i can commit


does this mean I'm in my terrible two's? yup.


















¡feliz cumpleaƱos ~This Being Alive 


i will continue:












may you do the same.


besos y abrazos


xo b
                

No comments:

Post a Comment