Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Late Bloomers

























Hi Betsy,

I thought of you on Saturday when I was out in the yard and saw this daffodil getting ready to bloom. I'm not sure if you remember, but one fall day you brought in daffodil bulbs for every one. Well the first spring mine did nothing but produce two very spindly leaves, which did not surprise me. I never seem to have any luck with planting bulbs, our soil does not seem to be kind to them. I was not going to plant it, but felt I should at least give it a chance. Last year it did get a few more spindly leaves, but no flower. This year imagine my surprise when I was walking in the yard with the dogs and saw not only did it have lots more leaves but it also had a bud. Well it bloomed today and I had to share it with you...



Joy


This sweet email from Joy (teacher/yoga student) reminded me that things aren't always what they seem and that I need to at least give it a chance, whatever "it" may be, before giving up. Sometimes we don't think we should even bother "planting the bulb" for all sorts of reasons...


note to self: at least give it a chance


late bloomers are full of surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment