Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sing Your Song


Here's an early morning post, before the morning cup of tea, and the bus stop. It's a soft air, already quite warm. The windows are open in my room where I write and I'm taking in the different songs of the birds that live in the yard. The thought occurred to me that birds don't wake up wondering, am I happy today? They just sing their songs.

"Open and receive.

Today when someone offers you something- an inviting smile. a warm cup of tea, or a chance to go ahead in a line, receive it completely and without reservation."

from A Year of Living Your Yoga by Judith Hanson Lasater

ps. a very happy birthday to my friend, Neeny, who much prefers a cold winter day to these warm spring ones. But oh my! May is one glorious month to come into the world! Here's to singing your song!


No comments:

Post a Comment