Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Return To Your Center


I'd like to write about Sean and Viktoria's visit, and my broken reading glasses (and how Sean fixed them), and the hour I spent sitting in the car with a blanket over my lap while Dad visited his chiropractor. But I stayed up too late last night and I'm done. I am not a night owl, unlike other members of my family. You know who you are.

In keeping with yesterday's thoughts on lightening up and kindness toward self and others, here are a few thoughts by American-Buddhist teacher and psychologist, Jack Kornfield to continue the conversation. This short list is from his book called Buddha's Little Instruction Book.

If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.
Life is so hard, how can we be anything but kind?
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
There is only one time when it is essential to be awake. That time is now.
Stay centered, do not overstretch. Extend from your center, return to your center.

Sleep tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment