Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thinking Of You







The Art of Letter-Writing has been lost in this modern age of email, twitter, texting. But for me, there's nothing quite as sweet as finding a card (not a bill!) addressed to me in my mailbox. Mom used to send newspaper clippings, a funny New Yorker cartoon, a recipe with a short note with love you xoxo Mom. My brother, Rob, keeps a stack of blank postcards on his desk for which I am often the lucky recipient. Hi B, Thinking of you. Sail on! Love, R. 
A note doesn't have to be complicated or long; thinking of you can change a day. So, during this holiday season why not send a card to a soldier? Your simple thinking of you could make somebody's day, or maybe even change a life...
A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue
NW Washington, DC 20307-5001

No comments:

Post a Comment