Wednesday, November 9, 2011

TSWBAT

Spent the day in substitute-teacher land: 3rd grade.

It took awhile to crack the code of this lesson plan entry...


TSWBAT improve ORF by at least 2 wcpm by the following RTI cycle. What?


There was no code-cracking. I had to ask Miss Pino across the hall. But only about TSWBAT. I didn't want to completely blow my cover as clueless. 


Back in the day, my lesson plans were hand-written: 


read Henry And Mudge by Cynthia Rylant
discuss the characters and other things we liked (or didn't)
journal 
write and illustrate our own stories about dogs (or ?) 


I'd add a few colorful doodles in the squares across each day of the week just to pretty it up. We didn't use codes. I wish I hadn't thrown all those beautiful books away. They'd be museum pieces now. 


I feel ever so dinosaur-ish.


The good news: kids still give good hugs ~ 


TSWBAT = The Student Will Be Able To... 



or maybe = The Sub Will BAble Tmake it through the day?



No comments:

Post a Comment