Friday, March 19, 2010

Like A Mama Porcupine


Smack in the middle of my stuck-ness yesterday, I had an acupuncture appointment. Can you believe that? It had been many years since I'd had an acupuncture treatment, but my ailing shoulder propelled me to see Louise, kind healer, from *Wellsprings East. Before getting on the table, I filled out a form where one of the questions was, "What is your prevailing emotion? Happy, sad, frustrated...?" and then there was a ________.

I couldn't possibly choose. I cycle through all of them, and then some, a few times a day. So I didn't pick one. I just wrote on the line, I think a lot. I thought this might help Louise figure out the best place to stick me. I imagined my whole head covered in needles, like a mama porcupine, but she put just one in the crown of my head, and then tagged some other places on my body. I lay on the table and prayed that it would help some of the overflow rise out of me; a river of words and other flotsam and jetsam passing through the ceiling into the blue, blue sky. I was hoping, too, that my shoulder might let go of the dull pain it's been carrying. What am I carrying that I might put down?

When Louise asked me if I'd been feeling fatigued, I started to weep. Jesus, not again. But she didn't seem to notice, or mind. That's the thing about kind healers. They want you to feel better. So if you're sobbing in their lap, they hold your head until you're done. Or stick a needle in the top of your head. It doesn't make a bit of difference to them, thank God.


*(www.WellspringHolisticCenter.com) It's a miracle, I know. I linked.



No comments:

Post a Comment