Friday, March 26, 2010

Nobody Bats An Eye


My cousin, John, son of my beloved Aunt Nip, lives the good life on Cape Cod. He's got great kids, a comfy home, and a few gnomes in the yard. His gnome thing is hush hush; the family tries not to make a big deal about it. Anyway, every now and then John and I catch-up via email about the kids, how it can't be possible that we're no longer in our twenties, and the weather.

Since I'm still recovering from the dull, but steady sensation of a butter knife in my left ear, and can't think straight, I lifted his email straight off the page for today's blog. I borrowed it, okay. On his end, I think he was just having a morning muse. He's very smart and often muses about worldly matters. This snippet of an email stopped me in my tracks. 500 - 600 Billion?

"I can’t get over how angry the country seems to be, the great conspiracy theories abound. I had a funny discussion with a colleague about health care, which was capped by a story in the news today. The Air force is building a new jet fighter in which we will spend $1 Trillion dollars over the next 10 years; funny, that is the same amount as health care. The article goes on to say that we will have 20x more planes than anyone (Russia, China) else. We are spending $500-600Billion a year on defense, and nobody bats an eye."

I don't know about you,but my eyes are screaming after reading that...Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat.

ps. Thanks for the help today, John. (The gnome's in the mail.)


2 comments:

  1. bat bat bat....................we gotta take this to the street

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right,Biz2!!!! Let's do it.

    ReplyDelete