Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Girl Likes Carrots


















This is my grandaughter, Elizabeth, in one of my favorite pictures of her as a baby. Those winter mornings were cozy times. I'd prop her up on the couch; she'd gaze at me, Buddha-like. I'd gaze back.

whoosh! The baby is starting preschool.

In preparation for the big day tomorrow, Jesse and Elizabeth came over to work on the "All About Me" paper/photo collage which is kinda like your ticket to get in the door. No collage, no cubby.

They sat at the kitchen table, cutting and pasting photos, while Jesse read these fill-in-the-blank sentences to Elizabeth:

"My favorite food to eat is... carrots, lettuce, strawberries.
My least favorite food to eat is...bad carrots.
My favorite dessert is carrots..."

The girl likes carrots.


No comments:

Post a Comment