Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Astral Plane




























Johnnie Collins, [my 85 year young mother-in-law], 


never seemed to care for talking on the phone. 


My arm's getting tired, she'd say...and ring off.


Something's shifted; she's calling more. It's delightful!

Last night we were talking about types of grapes, opening jars with her crooked hands, the state of the union, I have hope, Elizabeth, and something about Michael's brother's ex-wife. I was having a hard time keeping up until she landed in the astral plane. 


[cue her Tennessee/Southern California drawl]

"Elizabeth, I figure I'm going to have to spend some time in the astral plan. That's okay. Honestly, I don't really feel like being re-incarnated, but I have a feeling I probably will.

pause.

"Just as long as I can come back and do some good." 


No comments:

Post a Comment