Saturday, October 2, 2010

Behaving Oddly

















October 2
We're often hard on ourselves if we catch ourselves behaving oddly-humming aloud or weeping, or staring in amazement at a spot on the wall. We want to be normal; we'll suppress the odd behavior. But we should pay attention; unusual behavior often means that something's going on inside us that needs attention. Maybe we're grieving a loss, or sitting on some anger. Self-acceptance and self-love will heal us better than scoldings.


~ from Mom's book of daily meditations


I'm not sure what to say except, I'm odd. And more than likely grieving a loss, and sitting on some anger. But there's joy too. Hmmm...I think I'll meditate on this while I stare at the spot on the wall with amazement. And hum. While weeping.


xo b

No comments:

Post a Comment