Tuesday, December 12, 2023

all of five minutes


 










December 12 • 2023


Before leaving my therapist's office I used the restroom and ended up chatting with a woman wearing a beautifully crocheted sweater with pockets. It was sky blue and each pocket had a white daisy and all I could think of was our new dog, Daisy. I told the woman about Daisy and how our other beautiful boy, Chewy, died last winter. 

             Chewy

She said something like, Do you believe in reincarnation? and I think I said yes, it was all so sudden while washing my hands. She told me about her dog, a pug, who died last December and how she spoke to a psychic and connected with her dog. And gave me the name of someone on Instagram who does that sort of work. I cannot remember the name now. I'm thinking, how interesting the work people do in the world, which was part of the conversation in my therapy session because of all the weird jobs and work I've tried to stuff myself into in order to feel like I'm on the right track and how I've often made myself miserable with the stuffing biz. 

Anyway, one thing leads to another, so I told the woman with the daisies on her sweater about my new dog, Daisy. Actually I kind of wanted to ask the woman if I could have her sweater, we were about the same size. She said she was a crazy crochet person and was thinking about selling her stuff. This was all of five minutes in the rest room (why is it called a rest room?)

All this makes me think about women and how we can know so much about each other in a very short time compared to when I ask my husband about some guy he met somewhere and the things they talked about, well, the details are slim at best. I didn't ask, he says. 

I have so much on my mind, in a good way, not a nutty way: from a class I took this morning (more on that), then therapy (more on that too) and then the woman in the restroom. 

Then I came home to Daisy, my cup full.

Every life is an interesting life. Ask.











XO b

3 comments:

  1. Love how you make connections everywhere you are. This is a lovely blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello friend, Thanks for stopping by to read and leave a note. Means the world. XO

      Delete
  2. Our furry family members do bring such joy. Once again, thank you for the reminders to focus. ❤️ kat

    ReplyDelete