Friday, December 8, 2023

please enjoy yourself


 










December 8 • 2023

Daisy and I were heading out the door when I saw Linda across the street. She was wearing her signature winter hat, black sweatshirt, and because of the morning chill, a red blanket draped over her like a cape. Linda refuses to turn the heat on in her house even though the system has been checked out. The house might blow up, she tells me. 

Seven in the morning is too early for a chat with Linda, so with dog in tow, I bee-lined it around our car and scurried down the sidewalk. Silly, I know. But on the other hand, if my goal these days is to keep the nuttiness numbers down on my mental health richter scale, it makes sense to make a dash for it. Trust me.

On our return home, I saw the white sign she'd posted. On Fridays, Santiago, the gardener, comes to tend to Linda's yard. I was curious what she'd written since Linda can be bossy and is often unhappy + negative about pretty much everything. I walked over for a closer look and  there was this delightful note. It felt like a sign. Not just for Santiago, but for me.

And maybe you too? 

It landed like this: 

What is waiting for you? 

What needs only you right now?

+ the final invitation:

Please enjoy yourself. 

XO b



4 comments: