Thursday, December 14, 2023

what dan said ~


 










December 14 • 2023

What I mean by "abundance" is there is an abundance of good everywhere. There are people who hold the door and give up their public transportation seats. There are surprise parties and memorial tatoos and birthday gifts. There are doctors and nurses and therapists and firefighters and custodians and all sorts of people who make helping others into a career. People will learn first aid with no obligation other than "just in case." People will donate old clothes and toys in hopes of passing on joy to a stranger. I do not think that people are inherently bad and this is a position I refuse to change my mind on.

- Daniel O'Brien 

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 


Note: At the end of this semester @ Northampton Community College, I asked my students to pick a word card and write about it. What I love more than anything about Dan's stance is his refusal to change his mind about the abundance of good everywhere. Me too.

Thank you, Dan, for letting me share your beautiful, uplifting words. 

I am filled with gratitude.








XO b

3 comments: