Wednesday, December 13, 2023

what's right here


 










December 13 • 2023

I kid you not when I say words are guides, I need them daily.

Between the rise of crazy in this country, Trump, Mike Johnson and House Republicans who are squeezing the life out of the constitution and our democracy, Gaza, Ukraine, book bans, voting rights being stripped to the bone, women with life-threatening pregnancies unable to get safe and legal abortions because politicians, mostly men, believe it's their call to decide a woman's right to choose and care for her own health. Crowds fawning over Trump everywhere. Such a deeply dangerous man who has done more damage to our country than we even know. All you have to do is watch clips of the brilliant Jordan Klepper (The Daily Show) at a Trump rally to know we are in deep. The conversations he has with MAGA people are wild and might be funny if the people weren't so utterly detached from reality. Nuts. 

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

There are so many troubles in the world. So much suffering. 

Everything is not okay. 

We probably can't/shouldn't relax.

And yet, in this moment, I feel okay. It's been a calm, productive day. I took care of school biz for my classes. Vacuumed the dog hair. Walked the dog + myself three times (so far). Did some writing. Got the fixings for butternut squash soup.

I remind myself daily ~ Wherever my attention is, that is where I am. 

I am not hiding. I see the troubles. I help where I can. 

And I look to what's right here:

sun + sky

sleeping dog

the sound of the dryer

making soup

lemons + a persimmon in a brown bowl.









namaste.

XO b

4 comments: