Monday, December 4, 2023

with elation
















December 4 • 2023

Love After Love by Derek Walcott is one of my favorite poems, ever. I encourage you to look it up, print it out, keep it close where you can read it daily. In my college English classes, we dip our toes into poetry and play with creating our own blackout poems.

This playing with words and language can be done with newspapers, magazines, a page out of an old book, a letter ~ any piece with words on it. I like using poems. I recommend trying it. It can be a simple meditation. Try it with another person, your kids, your whole family.

Use the same poem + see what shows up for each of you. It's mysterious.

This one is on our fridge. Sometimes, it blends in with the photos of family and dogs and other messages stuck on with magnets. Often I miss the message, but today,  I read it. It's brief and to the point. It says to me, wake up. 

Love your life.

♥️ b


3 comments:

  1. Love this. Love my life. It is something to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for reading and stopping by. The message hit me in a good way today. (PS) I think there's a way to post your name if you feel like it. No presh)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful poem, thank you, Bets. And I love the blackout game, I'll give it a try with my honeys. One of my favorite poem is Litany by Billie Collins, xoxo, Kat.

    ReplyDelete