Friday, December 22, 2023

first of the season


 










December 22 • 2023

What a happy surprise to see this first bloom on our camellia bush when I stepped outside this morning. Camellias are called the Queens of the winter flowers + we are lucky to have a bush next to our front steps. I didn't know much about them until moving to California and our first winter here. I learned more about camellias and other native plants from a beautiful place called Descanso Gardens. Descanso Gardens has an abundant Camellia Collection and is one of the loveliest places to walk through in January/February when the camellias are in bloom. 

If you ever find yourself out this way, no matter the time of year, I invite you to visit this sanctuary. After meandering through the gardens and forests, I always leave feeling washed clean of my worries and other nonsense. 

Thank you, Mother Nature. 🌞

Until you come west, you can check it out here:

https://www.descansogardens.org/gardens-and-collections/explore-the-gardens/camellia-collection/

 XO b

No comments:

Post a Comment